Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

03F150 4.6 WILL NOT STAY RUNNING WHEN I TRY TO BACK UP STAY

Customer Question

03F150 4.6 WILL NOT STAY RUNNING WHEN I TRY TO BACK UP STAY RUNNING IN OTHER GEARS
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

The problem so far looks to be a reverse clutch piston seal leak that is draining the transmission line pressure which results in the torque converter clutch locking in and stalling the engine. The fix will require an overhaul to address this concern.

You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There are no leaks.need more info

When you were inside the transmission inspecting the reverse clutch, did you do an air pressure test with a test plate in place of the valve body.