Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  Automotive Repair Shop Manager, Technician
3195632

I have a 2002 ford e250 ; i wanting to know how to release

Customer Question

hi, i have a 2002 ford e250 ; i wanting to know how to release the ebrake? i pushed the pedal down and it wont release. was working fine
Category: Ford
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
HI,
I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question
Hopefully you got it to release by now, but if not, first check that the ebrake pedal assembly to make sure the cable is attached and if you pull on it, it is not loose. If it is, we will need to replace the cable and release the brakes in the meantime at the wheels.
If cable is intact, we can try releasing it by using a screwdriver to de-ratchet it by moving the gear one tooth at a time.
Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks