Chris
Chris, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  I am a Master Certified ASE technician. ASE Certs A1-A9 & L1. I have been a general auto repair tech for over 18 years.
75498108

Ford Taurus x need to wait 3 second to shift in reverse if i

Customer Question

ford Taurus x need to wait 3 second to shift in reverse if i do as usual no waiting it feels like the transmission kick the motor
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it does only when am driving and need to go in reverse,(example ...entering the parking lot and need to shift reverse to park stright
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Hello, It sounds like there is an internal leak in the transmission. This leak is causing it to take more fluid so more time to engage reverse. This will more then likely have to be torn down to repair the issue. It would be best to take it to a transmission shop to be sure.