Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

93 explorer 4.0 ohv during smog check when throttle set rpm

Customer Question

93 explorer 4.0 ohv during smog check when throttle set for 2500 rpm runs away up to 3000 plus can't pass smog .tested cleaned maf.aic.ait.replaced all intake gaskets plugs wires and pvc valve no change
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In order to determine what is causing the problem you are having the first thing you are going to need to do is to scan the computer system and see if there are any fault codes setting, if you can get this done and post back with the results we can work from there to try and help you get this resolved.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just ordered a scan tool today from summit racing , o.B.D.1/2 so be a week or so .but c.e.l.doesn't hardly come on and never remains .also disconnected cruise control cable from throttle forget to mention .thanks.
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Okay let get it scanned when you get your scanner and we can work from there, just post back on this link when you ready and I will try and help you get this figured out.