Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

Daryl I am working on a 2003 F250 5.4L that will at times

Customer Question

Hello Daryl
I am working on a 2003 F250 5.4L that will at times loose power to the fuel pump. I have try to find the fuel pump relay with no luck. My shopkey program shows it in the central junction box, but the legand and owners book do not list it. I also found a page in shopkey that show it behind the radio but i found nothing there. Thank you Kevin
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for your question,

The expert you have requested is not online at the moment so I can help you with your question, sorry for the delay.

Kevin, Your shopkey is correct, the fuel pump relay is located in the CJB but it is incorporated into it and not service separate, if you suspect the relay is the cause the CJB has to be replaced as an assembly.

Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

The PCM relay does not supply power to the fuel pump relay, the fuel pump relay receives its ground from the PCM.

Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

See the wiring diagram in the link below for reference.

Copy and paste the link to your browser to open the link.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/FP%20Sept%205.pdf

When it does not want to start , check and see if your getting the cranking ground signal from the PCM on pin #10 at the CJB and power out of the CJB on Pin 22 to the pump.