Lou P.
Lou P., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Have been working on Ford GM and Chrysler for 15+ years and ASE master certified.
27644750

On driver side sounded like I had a Flatt tire but its not

Customer Question

On driver side sounded like I had a Flatt tire but its not the knockn noise got loder n louder n hittn hard but when I press on breaks it stops release off break its the same noise
Category: Ford
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

Hi. You should probably check the front wheel bearings. They are known for going bad and cause the wheel to be loose.

Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

Also while the wheel bearings are being checked, the entire front end should be checked, such as the sway bar links, and the upper and lower ball joints.

Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for viewing my response. Have you had the front end of your Explorer checked out yet? Let me know if you have more questions and please rate my service. Thanks.

Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.

Hello, from what you describe sounds like a brake pad loose in the caliper or caliper loose mounting, have you had the vehicle inspected yet? will you do the work yourself? let me know and i can help you figure this out., Lou