Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Diesel Technician/Electrician
Experience:  ASE, NATEF Engines and Electrical certified, EPA 608/609
9290743

I have a 2002 ford F 250 7.3 diesel has no power the codes

Customer Question

I have a 2002 ford F 250 7.3 diesel has no power the codes are p1747 and p1744
Category: Ford
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you.

P1747 - Electronic Pressure Control Solenoid A- Short Circuit

P1744 - Torque Converter Clutch System Stuck in Off Position
- Low transmission fluid level
- Dirty transmission fluid
- Faulty torque converter clutch solenoid valve
- Torque converter clutch solenoid valve harness or connectors
- Torque converter clutch solenoid valve circuit is open or shorted
- Transmission internal mechanical problem

Both problems are related and have the same causes. Check the fluid and see if it seems burnt. The reason for the power loss is your torque converter isn;t locking in which gives the same feeling as a manual with a bad/slipping clutch. I suggest getting to a transmission shop and having the vehicle looked at.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see,
touch, smell, hear, or taste the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

The system DOES NOT automatically give me credit from your deposit. A rating is REQUIRED. You are rating me for the information I provide,
not the website. I have no control over the site fees, site errors, category errors, or how long it took for a response for these reasons.

I am not an employee of this website, so please rate with a POSITIVE (green) rating for me to get credit for assisting you. You still pay
the website for negatives or by not rating at all. I just get nothing from that payment you made. So please rate each answer I provide.

I want you pleased with my service to you so please inform me before rating negative (red) and I will do my best to make it right. Follow
ups for same question are always free after ratings have been made.

I do have many workshop manuals, diagrams, etc that I pay to get access to out of my pocket. If one is needed, please ask and I will give
you an offer at my technician discounted cost to you for such manuals. I never charge above that cost.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy