Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

I have a 2002 Ford Explorer XLT 6 Cyl that is displaying. a

Customer Question

HI, I have a 2002 Ford Explorer XLT 6 Cyl that is displaying. a P0340 bank 1 or single sensor. Message
Rough idle and drive, as well as lo power. Replaced the cam shaft sensor but seems to have same problem.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Can you monitor the CMP and CKP sensor readings while running. You should see an equivalent chart for both. If not then inspect both the CMP and CKP tone rings that the sensors read from to see if there damaged causing an incorrect reading.

You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi I am not an expert or a mechanic but find my way around repairs, can i check the readings while running with my Ennova ODB reader.?

Will your diagnostic tool allow for accessing the PCM to see what sensor readings the PCM is seeing, so you could monitor them?