EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Ford Technician
Experience:  20 years dealership exp., ASE A1-A9 L1 L2, Ford Lincoln Mercury Senior Master, Diesel Certified
34559540

Turn ignition stwitch starter ingage, release stwitch

Customer Question

turn ignition stwitch starter ingage, release stwitch starter stays engage for about 5 second , ....no start
Submitted: 1 year ago via CarComplaints.com.
Category: Ford
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

Hi. The starting system is designed to crank the engine for so many seconds with just one turn and release of the ignition key. So I think the cranking is working correctly.

Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

Make sure the theft light is not blinking rapidly when you are trying to start it. If that is ok then you may have a fuel delivery issue. Such as a fuel pump module.

Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for viewing my response. Do you have any more questions on your vehicle? Have you made any progress? Thank you and please let me know and please rate the service provided. Thank you.

Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.