Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

I need to replace the starter on a 2006 ford escape

Customer Question

Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry the Tech you requested was unavailable to assist you today. It appears that Tech is currently "Offline". Now that his 15 minute "request lock" has expired, hopefully I can be of some assistance in his place...

-Is this the 4-cylinder or the 6-cylinder engine?

-Is this 2WD or 4WD?

Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for your question,

The expert you have requested is not online today so I can help you with this, sorry for the delay.

Can you tell me if you have the 2.0 engine or the 3.0?

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 year ago.

-Is this 2WD or 4WD?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
4 cylinder engine,***** not a hybrid
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

To prevent further delay since you requested me then 2 others tried to help and now they are offline. I will go ahead and help.

MAKE SURE to disconnect the negative battery cable. You will be removing the starter from under the vehicle between the engine/transaxle and the radiator. Below are the Ford steps in a link to follow along with.

You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.

Thanks Chris