Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

2001 ford focus car want start check engine light stays on

Customer Question

2001 ford focus car want start check engine light stays on while cranking
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

While cranking, the CEL should be off. The fact that it is on means the computer is not getting a crank sensor signal. Do you have any test equipment like a diagnostic tool? If not then i would start by inspecting the crank sensor connector, wiring and tone ring. If nothing obvious is seen then replace the sensor. This missing input will result in no ignition spark.

You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
engine has spark..replace crank sensor

So there is something else wrong with the check engine light then, that would require a diagnostic tool.

Can you check the fuel pressure, injector pulse, and compression?