Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

97 f350 7.3 bought today runs rough and smokes and rattles,

Customer Question

97 f350 7.3 bought today runs rough and smokes and rattles, oil level is raising and not much power 116k
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

This engine is known for those 2 connectors at the valve covers and the valve cover gasket/harnesses having resistance and pin issues. That will effect the glow plug and injector operation. Causing hard starting, misfires, and exhaust smoke. The oil level raising, if its not coolant then its fuel getting into the crankcase from issues within the head(s).

You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.

Thanks Chris