Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

I have a 02 F-150 XLT 4X4 that when the o/d light is

Customer Question

I have a 02 F-150 XLT 4X4 that when the o/d light is blinking it ideals up higher resulting in hard shifting
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

When the computer PCM detects a transmission issue. It will flash the OD light kind of like a check engine light for an engine concern. The computer thinks your traveling down the interstate miles from home. So it maxes out the line pressure inside the transmission to help prevent any slipping to keep it from failing (hard shifts), to allow you to get home or to a service facility. If you can get it scanned I can help you diagnose this.

You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I scanned it and it gave me a code P0708

The code indicates the drivers side exterior mounted TR sensor is reading incorrect from an internal failure or external wire issue.

Use the diag steps in the link below.