Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

Tried to start my car this morning cars anti theft system

Customer Question

tried to start my car this morning cars anti theft system engaged.Thought it might be bsttery in key fob change it out anti theft system still engaged.any way to clear it
Category: Ford
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.

If your anti theft has engaged with this issue here unfortunately what has to be done is to have the fault codes checked/read out of all computers using a scan tool that will plug in and communicate with this model.Once the codes are checked they can then be diagnosed to locate and correct this issue here.I have seen where the key itself or fob fails to send the correct signal which causes this here as well as the immobilizer that reads the key.Having the codes checked will help pinpoint and repair the fault.

If you post your vehicles info (year,make and model)I can see if there is a manual relearn but even if there is if there is a faulty theft component it will need diagnosed and replaced.Some models a dealer has to do the relearn even after the repair has been done in order for the vehicle to start.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Thanks Pete.