Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

2006 Ford Five Hundred, ran good one day and the next it

Customer Question

2006 Ford Five Hundred, ran good one day and the next it idles rough and sounds like lifters aren't oiled or dry. Plus when I turn the wheel, it squeals like power steering is messed up. I checked all fluids and everything is like it should be.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Are you able to check the oil pressure to see if its low to see if this noise is from oil flow issues. In the event that is okay then we need to see if its spark knock making this noise. Do you have access to a good diagnostic tool? The squeal noise if the belt is tight and not slipping then the noise is a faulty P/S pump.

You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.

Thanks Chris