Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

I have a 2005 ford E350 im having problems with the AC

Customer Question

Hi I'm Jose .I have a 2005 ford E350 im having problems with the AC system. When i come to a stop or at idle it wont cool until u press the gas.I already changed accumulater,Orfice tube and the condenser .I also cleaned all the AC lines. I did the vacuum and recharged the system. And changed the fan clutch
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

When at idle and the AC stops, does the air flow from the dash, change to a different location?

Same test, are the evaporator lines going to the firewall no longer cold and wet?

Do you have the tools to monitor the high and low side pressures?

So far the symptoms are pointing to a weak compressor to blame.

You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When the van stops or its a title the AC still blows air but is not cold once you accelerate it'll start blowing cold air I swapped out the AC compressor and yes I do have the gauges to check the low side and the high side pressure. The evaporator lines don't get wet or cold. At idle the low pressure side it's around 75 and high pressure it's around 2 25 once I accelerate the low pressure drop to 35.And high pressure goes up to 250- 275 . It also has a rear ac! But did not change the expansion valve onthe rear

Thanks, ***** ***** select max ac blower speed 2 and hold the throttle down to 1500 rpms can you give me the max and min pressure on the low and high side?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
At 1500 rpm the low pressure side is a 35 the high pressure side a 1500 rpm it fluctuates from 200 to 300

Dang I forgot to ask the ambient air temp during the test. Your low side pressure indicates its 70 degrees outside and the high side pressure indicates its 107 degrees. So there is a pressure issue going on but need the outside temp to figure out where and why.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It was 95 ...and real feel 105 i also tried taking out freon. putting more and putting water in condenser to see if it cools but it never cools until you exelerate

Thanks At 95 degrees you should of been at 40-78 and 182-257 your at 35 and 200-300.

So your low side is to low, and your high side is to high. There is not a chart for those symptoms together. Below is a link where I have highlighted the 2 that fit best.

http://professional.justanswer.com/chat/index/879b361237274103bfb377e5624cef6c

It may be best to evacuate the freon, put the system into a 30 minute vacuum, then recharge with an AC machine.