Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

Have 2011 f150 fx4 with dual zone climate control, blower

Customer Question

Have 2011 f150 fx4 with dual zone climate control, blower fan was stuck on one speed,changed fan resistor,blows from low to about four on fan speed, any higher it stops blowing then starts again and then stops and starts consistently, also changed fan motor, no help
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Prior to any diag the results of your repairs make this look to be a HVAC module failure to blame. Can you unplug the blower motor when not working and see if its missing power or ground when it should be running?

You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When the blower stops it only stops for about 20 seconds and starts again

Are you saying there is no way you can perform that test?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It stops for 20 to 25 seconds at starts again for 2 seconds,

While the blower has stopped and is not working, can you see if its lost power or ground?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry couldn't get back to you working 3p- 3a, will check as soon as possible

Super