Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

2000 Ford Windstar - driver's side rear door randomly comes

Customer Question

2000 Ford Windstar - driver's side rear door randomly comes open going down the highway
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Do you have power sliding doors?

Does it just crack open or fully open?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
HI! Yes it's a power door and goes full open sometimes at highway speeds

There is not even a Ford symptom chart to follow for this issue. I put a tech message out asking if its even possible. So far 22 Ford techs have responded, with exactly what I was thinking, there are to many safety features to allow this to occur. So the only thing I can think to blame is the power sliding door module.

You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.

Thanks Chris