Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  Automotive Repair Shop Manager, Technician
3195632

I washed the engine with a pressure washer. After the engine

Customer Question

I washed the engine with a pressure washer. After the engine started and I drove about 15 miles when it started to idle rough then die. I checked under the distributer cap for moisture but found none. Changed the cap and roter because they looked a little burnt. The truck will start, idle and excel fine for about 1 minute then it will start to idle rough and die. The truck has been sitting for 3 days now hoping what ever got wet would dry out but still no luck.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question.

Ok, you need to check the ignition module, the EEC(computer) as well as the relays and fuse boxes for water intrusion(see uploaded diagram)