Lou P.
Lou P., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Have been working on Ford GM and Chrysler for 15+ years and ASE master certified.
27644750

I have a 2004 f 250 4x4 that the blower only blows from the

Customer Question

i have a 2004 f 250 4x4 that the blower only blows from the defrost. I found a reference to this and found a black and red tube going from a solenoid to other items and the red tube not connected. there are other tubes with a tee and one port of the tee is capped off. should the red tube be plugged into that tee instead of it being capped? the cap was rotted and I put a new one on it.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Ford was not the best at putting vacuum systems together and not all lines and barbs were used so if there was a cap on it then it should be capped again. So did you get the heater working properly ? Vacuum issues are the number 1 cause of heater door malfunctions. Let me know if you need more help but the capped line should presumably be called if that's what was originally on there. They would use the same T for multiple applications and some lines were indeed capped. Hope this information helps