sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

My back door is locked - I have tried everything and can't

Customer Question

My back door is locked - I have tried everything and can't get it open - what can I do to get it open?
Category: Ford
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

If you're physically unable to move the lock then it could either be a latch or linkage problem, more likely the latch.

I'm assuming though that the issues is you're unable to open thte door from inside or out. Assuming the child protection lock isn't on, it should open from the inside no matter if it's locked or not, the latch's internal linkage would force it to unlock.

What will need to be done is remove the door panel and inspect the linkage, making sure it's intact and nothing is causing to to bind and not move. If there isn't a linkage issue then the latch is going to need to be replaced.