Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

Chuck, i just put a rebuilt 2.0 sohc engine in my 2003 ford

Customer Question

Hi Chuck, i just put a rebuilt 2.0 sohc engine in my 2003 ford focus.i have approx 5,000 miles on it.Now it won't start.it was running rough, so i changed the wires. it has fuel and spark. i checked the plugs, they spark and are wet. what am i over looking?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If the spark plugs are wet and you are sure you have good spark then I would start first with checking the fuel pressure . If the fuel pressure checks okay then the next steps would be to run a compression test. Check these two things for me and post back with the results and we can work from there.