Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

I have an F350 2005. Recently when started in the morning it

Customer Question

Hi there I have an F350 2005. Recently when started in the morning it take 10 minutes to warm up. If you drive it off cold it has a hard time getting into the next gear. Also some white smoke comes out the exhaust. When warmed up all it normal until you sit and ideal or traffic then when the gas petal is applied it almost sounds like it's whining. Yesterday the engine temp went up to red and an alert of check engine temp came on. Then went away second later and the temp returned to normal! Help! Thanks Lauren
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Your overheating issue, for that we need to monitor the coolant and oil temps and fan operation to see which is out of specs. It could be as simple as a sticking thermostat for that issue. For the low power and smoke, its most likely one or more injectors that have a weak solenoid that needs heat to be able to pulse the injectors correct. Do you have access to a good diagnostic tool?

You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.

Thanks Chris