Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

2000 ford f150, xlt, triton v8. How to set toe in?

Customer Question

Category: Ford
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

-

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ri1yqt0wbiapqmo/toe.pdf?dl=0

-

Hello, my name is***** are instructions to adjust the toe, let me know if you have more questions. Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dan, I cannot access drop box as I am having difficulty down loading it all week-end. Can you email your reply to me.
Thx RAR
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Let me know if this attatchment works.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ralph says it doesn't help him at all. He tried to explain, but went over my head. Doesn't matter, his back has 3 collapsed discs and in lots of pain tonight. I'll see if he can explain it tomorrow. He did say he put the tie rods together the way they came out ?? thx any how. LJ
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

You honestly should probably just pay the $50 to have a front end alignment done at a shop, it is really hard to get the alignment correct without a machine. Let me know how it goes tomorrow or if you have more questions, thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dan: You are probably right, but with this old man it is a matter of pride that 81 he can still fix a truck. Also it is a matter of cash for the repairs. Just talked with ford's repairs , cost is $200.00. You see my predicament. |Will see what happens now.
Thx, LJ
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

If you call around you can probably find a place to do it closer to $50. But if person doesn't get alignment right it will wear down your front tires quick. Let me know how it goes, thanks.