Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Diesel Technician/Electrician
Experience:  ASE, NATEF Engines and Electrical certified, EPA 608/609
9290743

I havea 1994 Ford F150 XLT, 5.0, with key fob. Key fobs 't

Customer Question

I havea 1994 Ford F150 XLT, 5.0, with key fob. Key fobs don't work, replaced batteries, still don't work. If I lock the doors, wait until the theft light stops flashing and then unlock the horn goes off and truck will not start. After a few minutes the horn shuts off and truck starts.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you.

Give this a try. This is how to program the FOB.

Get in vehicle, lock doors. Put key in the ignition. Turn the key on and back to off ending in on 8 times. The locks should cycle to indicate the vehicle is in program mode for the doors locks. Push the lock button on the FOB and the doors will cycle. Now push the lock on the next FOB and the doors will cycle again. Once they are done, turn the key off then on and back off. This will program the FOBs to the vehicle.

HERE is a video showing how also.

Sometimes these vehicle will lose the programming due to weak FOB batteries or a power glitch in the vehicle. When the batteries get changed in the FOB, this happens quite a bit. So give this a try and see what happens.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see,
touch, smell, hear, or taste the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

The system DOES NOT automatically give me credit from your deposit. A rating is REQUIRED. You are rating me for the information I provide,
not the website. I have no control over the site fees, site errors, category errors, or how long it took for a response for these reasons.

I am not an employee of this website, so please rate with a POSITIVE (green) rating for me to get credit for assisting you. You still pay
the website for negatives or by not rating at all. I just get nothing from that payment you made. So please rate each answer I provide.

I want you pleased with my service to you so please inform me before rating negative (red) and I will do my best to make it right. Follow
ups for same question are always free after ratings have been made.

I do have many workshop manuals, diagrams, etc that I pay to get access to out of my pocket. If one is needed, please ask and I will give
you an offer at my technician discounted cost to you for such manuals. I never charge above that cost.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Didn't work, the door locks didn't cycle.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
first time I forgot you said to lock the doors, I've tried it about 15 times now Fast, slow, last off at 7 then on at 8, last off at 8 then on. The only other thing I can think of to tell you is that I get 5 chimes when I turn the truck off and the theft signal flashes. Also the theft light is flashing when the door is open.
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

That is odd. With the theft light flashing that indicates there is a fault in the system. It may be a fault with the antenna or something since it isn't going into the program mode or accepting the FOB.

The only option at this point, unfortunately, is to get the PATS system scanned to see what is coding on that system and not allowing the FOB to program. :-(

I was trying to prevent that from happening, but at least it is determined that the issue isn;t the key FOB, but the PATS itself. The hard part is to find out what it is and without scanning that system, it is difficult to determine that.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
is that that the code scan the auto parts places do?
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

Some have the ability to scan for PATS errors, but they are rare. They have to have a high end scanner and not the small hand held.

The reason is because PATS deals with security so the scanners need to be Ford specific so any thief can't buy a $49.99 scanner and steel your vehicle.

Call a couple locksmiths for a lot of them have Ford IDS scanners or Snap On ones. A lot of the Pep Boys do as well.

If you have a Midas in your location, they were throwing specials all summer long for free code checks and they use them. Maybe you can get them to do a code check and print all the codes out for you.