EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Ford Technician
Experience:  20 years dealership exp., ASE A1-A9 L1 L2, Ford Lincoln Mercury Senior Master, Diesel Certified
34559540

2007 f150 will turn over but will not fire. The only thing I

Customer Question

2007 f150 will turn over but will not fire. The only thing I did was change a dead battery
Category: Ford
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

Hi. Is the theft light inside blinking rapidly when you are trying to start it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't think so. I am purchasing a new o ring for the fuel pressure regulator because I crushed it. I will look at that. But I dont think it's getting fuel. It runs off of ether ( I know it's bad for the engine) and it dies right after so I'm assuming it's fuel related?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The security light is not blinking fast and the fuel pump is working normal. At a loss????
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

Do you have an aftermarket alarm installed?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's an remote starter by compustar
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

Ok. Try this. Turn the ignition ON. Leave the key ON. disconnect the negative battery cable. wait a few minutes and reconnect the cable with the key still ON. See if that helps.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It turned over. But I'm not sure if it was the ether or not.
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

Is the truck running?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
For a second then it died again
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It fires revs up and dies. But it has a hollow start up sound
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

Do you know where the mass air flow sensor is?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I pulled and cleaned it along with the throttle body
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

Try just leaving the maf sensor connector unplugged, then try to start it.

Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

I have to go offline. Let me know what happens with disconnecting the maf. I'll get back to you tomorrow. Thanks.

Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

Did you try that?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I ran out of time. It's been sitting at the dealer since yesterday. And they have not gotten to it yet. Thanks for all your help though
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

You are welcome. They may want to inspect the fuel pump control module. Likes to rot off. mounted in the rear by the spare tire.

Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

Let me know if you have any more questions. And thanks for using Just Answer and please rate my service. Thank You.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I had that replaced in December of 13. And I only put 25000 miles in it
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

Ok. Has the dealer looked at it? I am curious to what they find.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will let you know. But I have a feeling I fried the pcm. Is there a "failsafe" in ford's to where it doesn't fry them. But throws a fuse or relay?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ford garage came up with the throttle body.. what are the chances that's correct.. they said it might be that. And they can't get it running unless they change it
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

I have seen throttle bodies cause a start and stall. And they are pretty common. Just ask them if it doesn't fix it, if they can just but your old one back on. They are easy to change. And probably stock it anyway.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I got it way cheaper. And Im hoping it works
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

Ok. Let me know what happens please. Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It didn't start. Back to ford garage.. Pulled failsafe along with p2104 p2110 p2135
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

Those codes usually do indicate a problem with the throttle body. But you may have a wiring issue.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't know how.. the only maintenance I did was I pulled the headliner and replaced the tracks for the sunroof. And it was dead the next day. Ran for 100 miles died. And I replaced the battery and it still wouldn't start
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

There must be a blown fuse then.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I checked every fuse. I'm completely lost. And I'm usually good about knowing my truck.... all its doing now is turning over.... something with spark and fuel I think
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

p2135 indicates incorrect voltage corrolation or tps 1 and tps 2. There are 2 sensors in the throttle body. One goes up in voltage and one goes down. Can your scan tool view tp sensors?

Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

Please let me know if you have more questions, and please rate the service provided. Thank you.