shawn24_91
shawn24_91, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  I have an Associate degree in Automotive Technology and am currently a technician in Wisconsin
75885799

I asked a question about swapping 351w E.F.I. into 2000 ford

Customer Question

i asked a question about swapping 351w E.F.I. into 2000 ford expedition 5.4L both have same firing order both use e4od tranny will 351 w efi run if i plug into existing harness or will i need to go to carb. engine
Category: Ford
Expert:  shawn24_91 replied 1 year ago.

Hello, to answer your question, the engine will probably not run. The computer in the vehicle is set up for the engine that came with the vehicle. Differences in cam timing, sensor inputs, etc.. could all cause problems. The swap is not impossible but you will need to get a computer/harness that matches the new engine.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  shawn24_91 replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I'm sorry but I don't normally do the live phone call. I only answer questions when I have a free couple of minutes as I work full time in a repair shop. I will be happy to answer any questions you have on here or I can open the question back up for another expert to look at. Just let me know which you would like to do.