Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

Ron I have an F550 2003 6.0 I recently have been blowing

Customer Question

Hi Ron I have an F550 2003 6.0 I recently have been blowing lower and upper hoses and overheating have 101,000 miles I'm told I have a blown head gasket how can I be positive at this
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for your question,

I would suspect what you have been told is correct as this is a very common problem on the 6.0. You can verify if this is the cases by performing a block test, its a chemical test you can purchase at any part store which will check the cooling system for any signs of hydro-carbons in the cooling system . If the test fails then you have blown head gaskets. See the block test kit in the link below, its easy to run and very accurate as well. I have enclosed a video which explains how to run the test. Copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view It.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pp3FWH-YnHU