Virtual Wrench
Virtual Wrench, Ford Mechanic
Experience:  35 years Master Mechanic
2617050

I have a 2007 Ford Taurus. Just got gas, was at a stop light

Customer Question

I have a 2007 Ford Taurus. Just got gas, was at a stop light and the car stopped on me. Started back up but when I have to come to a stop, it idles fast, then slows down and car shuts off. All the interior lights come on. Put it in park and start the engine and then it will run. However, if I have to stop for a light or stop sign, it will do the same thing..
Category: Ford
Expert:  Virtual Wrench replied 1 year ago.

You will need to have the IAC valve replaced. Very simple fix! I have included a video below for you to watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAj-ETd6oW8

I hope that i have provided the information you were seeking. If you are satisfied with my service please use the required rating for me to receive credit for working with you. If you have another question about this please let me know so l can continue to help you.