Wayne Crawford
Wayne Crawford, Shop Owner
Experience:  General Repair Shop Owner
66997337

Have a blinking check engine light after acceleration and

Customer Question

Have a blinking check engine light after acceleration and the engine is running sluggish and then good and back to sluggish replaced the coil, mass airflow went through the entire harness and cleaned all the plugs and applied dielectric grease. Intermittent miss on the #2
Category: Ford
Expert:  Wayne Crawford replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.

Have you checked compression and have you tried swapping number 2 injector with another cylinder?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not yet, it's pretty involved to get there and I've not had the time. Thought about just buying another injector. Are they easy to change?

Buying another is great if the one in there is bad but if you buy another and put it in can we be sure if the problem is the same that the injector you bought is any better than the one you are replacing?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there a history of electrical problems or shorts in these harnesses I can check. Do you have any instructions to change the injectors?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's there an easy way to change one?

Theres no common spots for shorts. What makes you think you have a short?

What size engine is it? I can get you instructions to replace the injector with hopefully a good one. If you arent gonna try swapping it with a known good one I would recommend getting an injector from ford so you get the best chance of it being good.. aftermarkets are hit and miss.