Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

I have a 1999 F150 Lightning. Drove it today started

Customer Question

I have a 1999 F150 Lightning. Drove it today started knocking I pulled over oil low put oil in it still knocking truck idling now acts like it wants to shut off still knocking HELP!!!!!
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Current miles?

How much oil was needed?

How many miles are on the oil currently in the engine?

Are you leaking oil?

What viscosity oil do you use and what mileage interval is it serviced at?

Odds are you have spun a crank or rod bearing causing low oil pressure and the knocking noise.

You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.

Thanks Chris