Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  Automotive Repair Shop Manager, Technician
3195632

I have a 2006 BF Falcon Ute Xr6 which has a manual

Customer Question

Hi I have a 2006 BF Falcon Ute Xr6 which has a manual transmission aim having a problem after a few seconds from start up doesn't do it every time I start it cold but the ETC light comes on the car runs rough like it's running on 3 or 4 cylinders turn the car off and on then the car runs perfect after that been to Jackson Ford a few times first they cleaned the throttle body and then they did a software upgrade on the PCM then they said there's not much more they can do so I went to a independent Mechanic who specialised in auto electrical and General automotive mechanical and he replaced the throttle body with a brand new one complete with a sensor but this morning the ETC light come back on What should I do? The mechanic said the codes pointed to the throttle body. I hope I haven't brought a expensive headache
Category: Ford
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
HI,
I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question.
It would help immensely to know the exact fault code number, but just based upon symptoms, I suspect that either the APP(accelerator pedal position) sensor at the gas pedal or the PCM is faulty
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The mechanic used his scan tool this afternoon the throttle body code no longer comes up but this code keeps coming back P1270 Engine Rpm or speed limiter reached, the mechanic wants the car overnight to see if it will play up in the morning with the ETC light and rough idle because if it happens live at the workshop he said he have more idea where to go next
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The mechanic also asked if the car gets driven hard, the car gets driven very easily and I don't rev the guts out of it so I cannot understand this code coming up
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
HI,
It could have been set due to the mechanic revving it too high while testing it and unrelated to your day to day driving.