Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Diesel Technician/Electrician
Experience:  ASE, NATEF Engines and Electrical certified, EPA 608/609
9290743

A rough price....head gasket has gone on my ford transit van

Customer Question

a rough price....head gasket has gone on my ford transit van 1998 petrol and soem of the rings need replacing, leakn oil...wots roughly$$
Category: Ford
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you.

I can give approx in US dollars. The head gasket job will run around 23.3 hours to do both sides. Adding in rings, that is going to be approx another 6.7 hours, if the engine doesn't have to be pulled. So at a rate of approx $85 per hour, you will be looking at around $2550 for just the labor. If the engine has to be pulled, add another $900-1200 for that. This isn't including the parts to have the job done or any machining for the heads. Plus it doesn't include any damage that is found during the repair from the rings, etc.

Let's say in a perfect world that there are no issues at all, you are looking around $5631 out the door. This is an approx based on my shop's calculator.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see,
touch, smell, hear, or taste the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

The system DOES NOT automatically give me credit from your deposit. A rating is REQUIRED. You are rating me for the information I provide,
not the website. I have no control over the site fees, site errors, category errors, or how long it took for a response for these reasons.

I am not an employee of this website, so please rate with a POSITIVE (green) rating for me to get credit for assisting you. You still pay
the website for negatives or by not rating at all. I just get nothing from that payment you made. So please rate each answer I provide.

I want you pleased with my service to you so please inform me before rating negative (red) and I will do my best to make it right. Follow
ups for same question are always free after ratings have been made.

I do have many workshop manuals, diagrams, etc that I pay to get access to out of my pocket. If one is needed, please ask and I will give
you an offer at my technician discounted cost to you for such manuals. I never charge above that cost.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

Do you still need assistance with this?