Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

2013 F-150 Trouble getting the extention rods to fit into

Customer Question

2013 F-150 Trouble getting the jack extention rods to fit into the spare tire winch to lower or raise spare tire. Does not align correctly for square ended rod to fit into square receiver on winch.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Its possible something has hit the tire and moved the winch and its no longer aligned or there is a rock or something stuck the hole where the rod goes. Try a long 3/8 extension that has a smaller square. If all attempts fail to get the rods to lock in and the winch to turn. You will need to use a grinder to cut the winch hanger so the tire can fall and the winch removed and replaced.

You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.

Thanks Chris