Wayne Crawford
Wayne Crawford, Shop Owner
Experience:  General Repair Shop Owner
66997337

I have a 2002 Mustang GT. All lights were working fine. Then

Customer Question

I have a 2002 Mustang GT. All lights were working fine. Then one day all lights stopped working and my door locks also stop working. I found fuse #19 was blown. Replaced fuse, turned on head lights again. #19 fuse blown again. I replaced the headlight switch. replaced #19 fuse again. Door locks work but still no headlight, fog lights or parking lights. I checked the fuses under the hood and found two Maxi 30amp fuses were blown. One for head lights and one for parking lights. Replaced maxi fuses. So now the headlights work. But the parking lights and the fog light still don't work. I don't know what else I can check. Thanks for any type help.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Wayne Crawford replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.

Was one of the 30 amp fuses you replaced fuse 10? If so is it good right now?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I replaced fuse B(#2) and fuse J(#10). Checked both fuse this morning and both fusses are good. I did some errands yesterday and sometime during the day fuse #19 under the dash blew again.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was looking online through some of the Mustang forums and some people are saying they had some sort of the same thing and it ended up being an aftermarket car alarm that was installed with the factory alarm. The previous owner of my car did install an aftermarket alarm.

Its possible. So the only thing not working now is the parking lights? And do you know where this aftermarket alarm is installed and what kind it is?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Parking lights and fog lights don't work. I do not know the make of the alarm. There is a black horn under the hood. There is a red light in the dash, but I have never seen it turn on or flash. There is a small toggle switch under the dash. I don't know we're the main box is installed.