Wayne Crawford
Wayne Crawford, Shop Owner
Experience:  General Repair Shop Owner
66997337

I have a 08 ford edge and the AC fan blower motor is not

Customer Question

Good morning
I have a 08 ford edge and the AC fan blower motor is not changing speed. I also had/have a problem with the condensate drain line, but I seem to have cleared that for the time being. The issue now is that the blower motor is not blowing correctly. I can hear it spinning very slowly when the system is turned on, but it is not blowing with any force out of the vents. It has the dual control electronic temp controls and it loos like it might be the blower motor resistor from what I've been reading, but because I'm on vacation and only have a limited set of tools I can't fully diagnose. I have enough with me that I can probably replace the unit if it seems the likely candidate, but I don't want to buy it and replace if I'm wrong in what I think it is because it would be a waste of time and money. Do you have any thoughts or suggestions?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Wayne Crawford replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.

It could be the resistor but its just as likely the EMTC. Start with trying a reset on the EMTC.

With the ignition off, perform a "reset" of the Electronic Manual Temperature Control (EMTC) module by removing fuse 15 (10 amp) off the Smart Junction Box (SJB) for 10 minutes. Then reinstall the fuse and recheck operation.

If that doesnt change anything then its a crap shoot without proper tools to test.