Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

I have a 2008 Ford F-250 with a 5.4 L gas engine. In the

Customer Question

I have a 2008 Ford F-250 with a 5.4 L gas engine. In the message centre I get "check brake system" along with "door ajar" and the park brake light is on. The dash lights do not work and the signal light indicator does not work however the signal lights are actually on.
It started out happening occasionally but now it is there at least 90% of the time. I did some research and some forums suggested a battery issue with low voltage/amps could interfere with the message centre, but I replaced the battery with no change. One forum mentioned electrical noise from the alternator but I haven't tried that yet.
It appears sometimes that it may be triggered by a bump on the road, but not consistently. I've got it booked in to Ford next week, but I'm hesitant to take it because in my experience these electrical gremlins can cost a lot of time and money.
Thank you in advance
Shane
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

At the price point you selected we are allowed to address 2 concerns. You mentioned 5 issues. Which 2 would you like me to address on this post?