Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Ford Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector & Ford Diagnostics/Repair
18617752

My car has the code p2544 and po463 any posible causes

Customer Question

my car has the code p2544 and po463 any posible causes
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry the Tech you requested was unavailable to assist you today. It appears that Tech is currently "Offline". Now that his 15 minute "request lock" has expired, hopefully I can be of some assistance in his place...
The P2544 is an informational code that states that data from one of the components is not correct for the current vehicle operating conditions. This can be due to a fuel monitor error, a coolant temp sensor error or a mass air flow error. In your case here, the P0463, which is a fuel monitoring error. This code points to a problem with the Fuel Level Sensor. This sensor is part of the fuel pump assembly, located inside the fuel tank. Carefully inspect the electrial connector and wire harness to the top of the fuel tank for any loose, broken or damaged wires. If the visual inspection checks ok, the fuel level sensor will need to be replaced to cure the P0463, which will in turn cur ethe P2544. Please remember to leave a rating using the rating system at the top of this page or accept the answer so I may be credited for this Q&A. You can ask follow-up questions any time, even after you rate or accept.