Ray M.
Ray M., Ford Master Tech
Experience:  30+ years in trade, Ford Master Tech, Journeyman Automotive Tech
11409661

We are traveling and have filled the Def but it still states

Customer Question

We are traveling and have filled the Def but it still states 104 miles and we took off the battery cables and it will not clear
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We have had no problem until the Def became low when we filled it full it will not reset. We tried removing the battery cables to get it to reset but that did not work either.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please cancel this
Expert:  Ray M. replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately when this happens you will need to take your truck to a dealer and have them perform the DEF refill activation service, this is caused by not putting in more than 2.5 gals when filling the tank up, the PCM needs to see at least that much to recognize a refill event, when it doesn't , even though the tank is full it still thinks it is getting low.