Cardoctor71
Cardoctor71, ASE Master Technician
Experience:  MasterCertified Technician with 35 years experience, Owner of two full service repair facilities
36867192

I'm on a page you wrote about cooling fans on a 2005 Ford

Customer Question

Hello, I'm on a page you wrote about cooling fans on a 2005 Ford Taurus. I did the ground pin 28 procedure you outlined and the fans came on. However, the car heats up and the fans never come on. A little background. The car overheated. coolant tank was sniffed for CO. System holds pressure. T-stat and tank cap were replaced.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Cardoctor71 replied 1 year ago.

the coolant temp sensor was damaged in the overheat and is now out of serviceable parameters, it will have to be replaced, this is common when an engine overheats, it may not trigger the check engine light. Please rate my service a three or above if for some reason you cannot please ask me another question, I will continue to answer your questions even after you have given your rating, until you are satisfied with my answers.