James, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Senior Master Tech, Ford gas and diesel expert, ASE Certified
74859263

My 08 ford escape will not crank, no dashboard lights or

Customer Question

My 08 ford escape will not crank, no dashboard lights or gauges work, only thing that lights up is seatbelt/airbag symbol. Radio, blower fan, windows all work. I hear the fuel pump kick on when key is turned on, but nothing else, no bells, chimes or anything else lights up.
Category: Ford
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.

Hello, have you tried to jump start the car? Did you use a bolt meter to test the battery?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the battery and starter is good, I said the starter will work when I jump the solenoid small wire(key switch) wire. None of the gages or lights on dash light up or work, ONLY the seatbelt/airbag icon. The radio, blowers and PW all work! Just dash is dead and starter does not get power. I check all fuses and relays=GOOD.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The instrument cluster is DEAD! except for seatbelt/airbag icon, NO chimes or sounds coming from instrument cluster. Key in ignition chime does not work when key left in. CLUSTER IS DEAD and STARTER DOES NOT GET POWER! Please reply ASAP
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.

Does the instrument cluster show dashes where the mileage should be?