Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

I have a 2010 Transit Connect and can't get rear aux to

Customer Question

I have a 2010 Transit Connect and can't get rear aux to work(went out yesterday). Replaced 174 in fuse box and still nothing. Any other ideas of what else I can try.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Was the fuse blown?

At the port are the sides grounded?

At the port is the base power?

Are you sure the component your plugging in does not have an internal fuse that has failed?

You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the reply Chris.The fuse was not blown and tested good.
I plugged a different tool in and it didn't work either. Also, if I plug it in to the aux port in front it works fine so I know there is not a blown internal fuse.
How do I go about testing for ground at the base port?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just noticed its the front aux port on left is working. The aux port under defroster in front is not.

Use a volt ohm meter set to ohms to check the ports outer shell for ground tested to a seat bolt to confirm the port has no resistance to ground. The base can be tested the same way but it needs to be DC volts, and you should see 12.6 volts. Let me know those results.

It seems like we are not done yet. If your still wanting/needing help, I m still available.