Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Diesel Technician/Electrician
Experience:  ASE, NATEF Engines and Electrical certified, EPA 608/609
9290743

OK, I'll give you a try. 2003 f150 with sunroof leak. All of

Customer Question

OK, I'll give you a try. 2003 f150 with sunroof leak. All of a sudden very wet passenger seat after a rain. Never been in an accident or had damage to sunroof, and it seems to close all rhe way if you look from above. One friend says there should be drains for water that gets past the sunroof. Sounds odd, and there are no obvious drain holes. Another says the seal is old and needs replacing. Truck is not garage kept, lives outside sitting in the sun. I am willing to spin a wrench. Tell me what the odds are on the drain versus worn seal argument, or are we missing another likely cause?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you.

Both friends could be correct.

Some of these have 4 little drain holes on the rear of the sun roof. This way when the water gets into the track ares, the water drains back. You should be able to blow them out with compresed air.

On another note, try lubricating the seal for the sun roof with a white lithium grease or mineral oil on a rag. If the seal has dried up a bit, it can harden some and will not seal well causing a leak to go by. Then us a water hose and see if you still get a leak. If so, check the seal for any hardness/stiffness. If it is hard, that is where the water is getting by from the sun damage to the seal. Then you will just have to replace the seal.

After replacing the seal, since it is kept outside, once a month use a armor all on the seal as you clean it and the seal will stay not and soft and will keep the water out.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see,
touch, smell, hear, or taste the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

The system DOES NOT automatically give me credit from your deposit. A rating is REQUIRED. You are rating me for the information I provide,
not the website. I have no control over the site fees, site errors, category errors, or how long it took for a response for these reasons.

I am not an employee of this website, so please rate with a POSITIVE (green) rating for me to get credit for assisting you. You still pay
the website for negatives or by not rating at all. I just get nothing from that payment you made. So please rate each answer I provide.

I want you pleased with my service to you so please inform me before rating negative (red) and I will do my best to make it right. Follow
ups for same question are always free after ratings have been made.

I do have many workshop manuals, diagrams, etc that I pay to get access to out of my pocket. If one is needed, please ask and I will give
you an offer at my technician discounted cost to you for such manuals. I never charge above that cost.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

How did this turn out? Did you still need assistance?