Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

2009 mustang v6, air conditioner/heater not working. blower

Customer Question

hi, 2009 mustang v6, air conditioner/heater not working. blower working intermittently. checked fuses, resistor replaced and switch tested and working properly, now looking at grounding.
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you assist me?
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

If you unplug the blower motor connector, start the car and command the blower on. What is the connector missing on the 2 wires, power or ground?

Does the blower not work on any speed?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Originally I had no power but after disassembly and reassembly of everything all speeds are working. I think this Still could be a ground but I haven't tested or tried that.

Do you need the location of the blower motor ground?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, I am out of town now on business and didn't have time yesterday to do the ground -- test it etc. I wanted to find out if there was anything else that made sense to try once I return home. The ground seems unlikely although it appears to me to be the only thing left. What do you think

A poor connection at the HVAC, or resistor, or blower or corroded ground are the only things I think would be to blame on these results and outcomes.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok let me check all that when I get back and I'll let you know thank you

Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It may be a week from Saturday before I can try anything else because I'm out of town. I'll try it and get back to you at that time. thanks Chris

Your welcome, since there has not been a rating so far. The post will time out and close on the 31st. So if there is no rating prior to then, thanks for letting me try to help.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i won't be home to try your answer, I didn't know I had to have all this sorted or else I get charged again? I can't rate you because I haven't been home yet to try anything????

Thats fine if you choose not to rate, I can not make you do so. I was just informing you. you pay prior to getting helped and once you rate I get a portion of that payment. We have 7 days of trouble free communication. If there is not a rating prior to then, you still paid, I got nothing, and I no longer see your replies. If you rate now, you can reply even months or years later and I will see it. Just trying to help you understand and not waste money.