Kenny Z.
Kenny Z., Ford Senior Master Tech
Experience:  Auto Trans, Drivability and Electrical Specialist
9600325

We have a 2010 F 150 it cranks but won't start. We have had

Customer Question

we have a 2010 F 150 it cranks but won't start. We have had it towed to ford dealer ship twice now when they get and go to start it it starts say there are no codes.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Kenny Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** and thanks for your question. Open the underhood fusebox, remove fuse #27 and inspect. Is the fuse melted?

Expert:  Kenny Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I noticed you viewed my original response on 8/25 without responding. Is there anything else you needed regarding the issue with your vehicle?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you it once again would not start had it towed to local dealer told them to check fuse 27 and yep it was melted and a mess...they couldn't fine the problem but you did abd didn't even look at the truck. Many thanks.
Expert:  Kenny Z. replied 1 year ago.

Your welcome. The fuse melting is pretty common on these. There is an issue with high resistance at the fuse connection causing the excess heat. Most of us at the dealer are removing those 2 wires from the fuse box and installing an external fuse holder. The only other alternative is replacing the fusebox which is part of the main engine wiring harness.

If you need more help, please use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If you do not require further assistance, kindly rate my service as you see fit. Rating does not close the question if you have follow up questions. Thanks!

Expert:  Kenny Z. replied 1 year ago.

Expert:  Kenny Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello again,

I was reviewing some of my older questions and noticed I was never compensated for this question because it was not rated. If it was your intention to not rate me and use my services free of charge then I will accept that as a free service I provided and move on. Just wanted to give you a chance to reconsider, after all you did say you had this to the dealer and they could not find the problem until I provided the diagnosis.

Thanks,

Kenny Z

Expert:  Kenny Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello again,

I was reviewing some of my older questions and noticed I was never compensated for this question because it was not rated. If it was your intention to not rate me and use my services free of charge then I will accept that as a charitable service I provided and move on. Just wanted to give you a chance to reconsider using this information for free considering the original question value was $38.

Thanks,

Kenny Z

Expert:  Kenny Z. replied 10 months ago.

Hello again,

I was reviewing some of my older questions and noticed I was never compensated for this question because it was not rated. If it was your intention to not rate me and use my services free of charge then I will accept that as a free service I provided and move on.

Thanks,

Kenny Z