Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

My2012 Ford Focus has the check engine light go on and at

Customer Question

My2012 Ford Focus has the check engine light go on and at the same time run very rough and loose power and even stall at times. Could the throttle control cause this?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help get your problem solved. Does check engine light flash? Any idea what diagnostic code your getting? Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It flickers and goes out. My mechanic said that the car was idling to fast and he adjusted it to code
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
If light is flashing "which is what it sounds like" then this would most likely means you have a failing ignition coil. You will want to have scan tool connected right after light comes on to see what cylinder was misfiring then swap that coil with another cylinder to see if misfire follows coil, if so then replace. Let me know how it goes or if you have more questions, thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will inform my Mechanic. Thank You
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
No problem, let me know how it goes. Thanks.