Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

I have a 1992 ford mustang gt that runs rough at ideal and

Customer Question

i have a 1992 ford mustang gt that runs rough at ideal and shakes and misses when decelerating
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
Can you install your timing light and check the timing with the SPOUT connector removed, the timing should be set at 10 degrees BTDC , if it checks okay then reinstall the SPOUT connector and check it again while running the RPM at 1500 RPM and post back with the results and we an work from there.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That was the very first thing I did, timing is on money. Once you get going it cleans up until you decelerate then it starts missing and shaking, it doesn't shake when clutch is in
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Is the computer setting any fault codes?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Haven't checked it out, was wondering if it could be computer
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

It is possible you have a failing computer but I would first check and see if there are any fault codes setting and one other thing you may want to try is remove the EGR hose from the EGR valve and cap it off and see if it then runs right.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It still has miss and shake at idle and deceleration
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Are you able to determine which cylinder is misfiring and have you ran the code scan yet?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have to go to work, will check this pm
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Okay, post back when you ca and we can work from there.