EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Ford Technician
Experience:  20 years dealership exp., ASE A1-A9 L1 L2, Ford Lincoln Mercury Senior Master, Diesel Certified
34559540

Never needed this kinda site b4

Customer Question

Good morning Richard
never needed this kinda site b4
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just bought an 05 town car and it does not have the keyless entry card. I ALREADY KNOW about taking it to the dealer, but am hoping you can tell me where to locate the 5 digit code. I am a pretty good backyard mechanic, and have a lift and air tools if needed, but do not think so
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

Hi. Ford started going away from putting the keyless code on its modules and the only way to retrieve them now is with the scan tool. You can check if your vehicle has the code on the module. The module for the keypad, is the Drivers Door Module. You need to remove the drivers door panel and the module is mounted to the door. Inspect the module for a sticker with the code on it. If it is not there then you will have to have it retrieved from the dealer. Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well i think i just wasted some $$, this is what I already knew. I was trying to avoid the expense
of going to the dealer..
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

You didnt read the part about checking the module?