James, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Senior Master Tech, Ford gas and diesel expert, ASE Certified
74859263

I drve my truck and park it.now it won't start back up just

Customer Question

I drve my truck and park it.now it won't start back up just replace the computer. What wrong now.
Category: Ford
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
Hello, you replaced the main PCM and you drove the vehicle right after without programming?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It was program i drove for a day a new was cut for this I done shopping .I cut it off turn it back on drove about 5 mile turn the truck off .try to start it again and it won't just crank but won't start
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
Hello if you put the vehicle Indio neutral willing start?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
New computer lnstall programs to new key.using old cause key would stop the truck from starting.
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
Ok thank you. If you swap the PCM power relay with a different repay will the vehicle start and run?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm asking you everything been changed out new key program the old key start I uesd by mistake ,would that cause the truck not to start.
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
No that won't prevent the vehicle from starting. Once a programmed key is recognized by the PCM it will start the vehicle.