James, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Senior Master Tech, Ford gas and diesel expert, ASE Certified
74859263

I have a ford 2002 excursion and the AC panel just went

Customer Question

I have a ford 2002 excursion and the AC panel just went blank. It has happened many times in the 10+ years but until now the AC panel lights have always reappeared fully functional after 10 minutes to a couple of hours. I have recently been having problems in the cool morning (Live in N CA) with cruse control dis-engaging but don't see how they're interrelated. 241,000 miles on the big boy
Category: Ford
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.

The AC module usually fails over time. There are some companies that can repair them for much cheaper than replacing with a new one. The HVAC modules on these are known to fail on this vehicle.

Hello, I do think you have a couple different issues. The cruise control issue is usually due to the sensor on the master cylinder.